Erin Gordon is a Bay Area native who graduated from UC Berkeley and Loyola Law School. After practicing law for three years, she earned a master’s in journalism at Stanford University and worked several years as a newspaper beat reporter covering law firms. Erin then spent more than 20 years as a freelance legal affairs journalist, all the while dreaming of becoming a novelist.
She’s written six novels (three ended up in the proverbial drawer!) and is at work on her next book. When not writing, Gordon enjoys knitting, going for long walks in San Francisco, doing yoga, and spending time in Lake Tahoe with her family.
Gordon lives in San Francisco with her husband and teenage children.
Erin Gordon’s Favorite Books
1. Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
2. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
3. Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld
4. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
5. The Palace Thief by Ethan Canin
6. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
7. A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
8. The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
9. Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
10. Every Living Thing by James Herriot
I also love women’s fiction, especially the books by Emily Giffin and Sarah Jio.