A Bay Area native, I graduated from UC Berkeley and Loyola Law School. After practicing law for three years, I went back to school and got a master’s in journalism from Stanford. I worked for several years as a newspaper reporter covering law firms and then spent more than 20 years as a freelance legal affairs journalist, writing novels in my spare time.
In addition to book club fiction, I write contemporary romance under the pen name Jenna Starly.
When not writing, I enjoy reading, knitting, yoga, and spending time in Lake Tahoe.
I live in San Francisco with my family.
Erin Gordon’s Favorite Books
1. Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
2. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
3. Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld
4. Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb
5. The Palace Thief by Ethan Canin
6. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
7. A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
8. From the Corner of the Oval by Beck Dorey-Stein
9. Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
10. Every Living Thing by James Herriot
I also love women’s fiction, especially the books by Emily Giffin and Sarah Jio.